Welcome to the 48th Ward Arts page!
The calendar below lists arts and culture events happening in and near the 48th Ward – all within minutes of home! Please send requests for listing to email@example.com.
Happy Holidays! Enjoy the season and see a show!
Try a Subscription to Steep, Raven, Rivendell, City-Lit, Redtwist, Jackalope, and About Face Theaters.
Get a Theatre Pass and see one show at each of ELEVEN local theaters.
Also see the amazing work done by our schools – Senn, Swift, Peirce, Goudy, Hayt, Sacred Heart, NCA, and of course Loyola University.
For upcoming events, and daily performances, see the calendar below.
Edgewater Theatre District Flex Pass – $75.00
Eleven Theatres, Eleven Performances, ONE TICKET !
The Edgewater Theatres are collaborating on a Theatre Pass that will give holders one admission to any one performance at each of the following nine local theatres – Raven Theatre, Redtwist Theatre, Rivendell Theatre, Jackalope Theatre, The Neo-Futurists, City-Lit Theatre, Three Cat Productions, Li’l Buds Theatre, About Face Theatre, Idle Muse Theatre, and Commedia Beauregard Theatre Ensemble. The Pass costs $75.00, and theatre goers 30 years old and younger can get the pass for $30.00! Passes are available online at BuzzOnStage.com/etd, and from the Edgewater Chamber of Commerce, 1210 W. Rosedale. Click here for more information and to purchase Edgewater Theatre District Passes.
48th Ward Around Town
The 48th Ward is a proud home to many artists and performers who can be seen outside of the 48th Ward. Take a moment or two to check out their websites and see their exhibits and events when you’re outside the neighborhood!
Edgewater & Andersonville Entertainment:
- Raven Theatre, 6157 N. Clark St.
- Redtwist Theatre, 1044 W. Bryn Mawr
- City-Lit Theatre, 1020 W. Bryn Mawr
- Steep Theatre, 1115 W. Berwyn
- Rivendell Theatre, 5775 N. Ridge
- Li’l Buds Theatre Company, 1206 W. Rosedale
- About Face Theater Company, 5256 N. Broadway
- Idle Muse Theater Company, 5775 N. Ridge
- Three Cat Productions, 6205 N. Sheridan (Berger Park)
- Quest Theatre Ensemble, 1609 W. Gregory
- Jackalope Theatre, 1106 W. Thorndale
- The Neo-Futurists, 5153 N. Ashland
- Ph Comedy Theatre, 1515 W. Bryn Mawr
- Uncommon Ground, 1401 W. Devon
Rogers Park Entertainment:
People and their Arts Organizations:
- Michael Canavan, photographer – www.michaelcanavan.com
- David Kodeski and Eric Reda, Directors, Chicago Opera Vanguard - www.chicagovanguard.org
- Elizabeth Lindau, orchestral pop band – www.canastamusic.com
- Andrew Swanson, actor and director, Jackalope Theater – www.jackalopetheatre.org.
- Morry Matson, Manager, Morry Matson Productions – www.morrymatsonproductions.com
- Adam Brooks and Matthew Wilson, artists and educators – www.industryoftheordinary.com
- Michael Sherman, Artistic Director, Innervation Dance Cooperative – www.innervationdance.org
- Dmitri Rybchenkov, Restoration Division, LLC. – www.restorationdivision.com
- Chicago Filmmakers – www.chicagofilmmakers.org
- Jeff Predmore, Jennie Lamb, and Maggie Portman, theater educators – www.lilbudstheatre.org
- Patrick McCarthy and Tommy Stephenson, environmental electronic music – www.rothmobot.com
- Kirsten Leenaars, artist – www.kirstenleenaars.nl
- Tracy Poyser, photographer – www.tracypoyserphotoart.zenfolio.com
- Marguerite Horberg, Executive Director of Portaluz, world music organization – www.portaluz.org
- Bob Remer , director, Edgewater Historical Society – www.edgewaterhistorical.org
- Mare and Kevin Swallow, artists of the Cornelia Arts Building – www.corneliaartsbuilding.com
- Jerry Nerburn, Photographer and environmental designer – www.photocubeart.com
- CircEsteem, Chicago Youth Circus – www.circesteem.org
- Martie Sanders, Artistic Director of Green Scene Chicago- www.greenscenechicago.org
UPCOMING EVENTS CALENDAR