Welcome to the 48th Ward Arts page!
The calendar below lists arts and culture events happening in and near the 48th Ward – all within minutes of home! Please send requests for listing to email@example.com.
Edgewater Theatre District Flex Pass – $75.00
Nine Theatres, Nine Performances, ONE TICKET !
The Edgewater Theatres are collaborating on a Flex Pass that will give holders one admission to any one performance at each of the following nine local theatres – Raven Theatre, Redtwist Theatre, Rivendell Theatre, Jackalope Theatre, The Neo-Futurists, City-Lit Theatre, Three Cat Productions, Li’l Buds Theatre, and Commedia Beauregard Theatre Ensemble. The Pass costs $75.00, and theatre goers 30 years old and younger can get the pass for $30.00! Passes are available online at BuzzOnStage.com/etd, and from the Edgewater Chamber of Commerce, 1210 W. Rosedale. Click here for more information and to purchase Flex Passes.
Events (* indicates Flex Pass participant):
HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!
- * A Klingon Christmas Carol - Presented by Commedia Beauregard Theatre Ensemble at the Raven Theatre, 6157 N. Clark. Nov 29 – Dec 29
- * Tell Me When it Hurts – Presented by Three Cat Productions at Berger Park Coach House, 6205 N. Sheridan. Nov 30 – Dec 21
- * Elemeno Pea - Presented by Redtwist Theatre, 1044 W. Berwyn. Dec 5 – Jan 12
- TML the Best of 2013 - The Neo Futurists celebrate the best of Too Much Light, Neo Futuriarium, 5135 N. Ashland. Dec 6 – Dec 15, special New Years Eve performance
- * Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Christmas Goose – Presented by Raven Theatre, 6157 N. Clark. Dec 12 – 29
- * Shipwrecked - Presented by Redtwist Red Series, 1044 W. Berwyn. Dec 21 – Jan 25
- * Men Exposed – Presented by Redtwist Dark Red Series, 1044 W. Berwyn. Dec 20 – Jan 25
Other December Happenings:
- St. Lucia Festival of Lights – Parade down Clark Street from Foster to Bryn Mawr. Dec 13
- 48th Ward Holiday Celebration – Sponsored by Alderman Harry Osterman and Friends, Senn Hall, 5900 N. Glenwood. Dec 5
- Yo-Yo Ma with the Civic Orchestra – Senn Hall, 5900 N. Glenwood. Dec 12 (Limited Availability)
- Lawrence Peters Outfit and Thomas Comerford – Presented by Pivot Arts at Metropolis Roasting Garage – 5545 N. Clark
- Late Night Andersonville – Sponsored by the Andersonville Chamber of Commerce, Clark Street from Winona to Bryn Mawr. Dec 6 and Dec 20
- Julmarknad – Sponsored by the Swedish American Museum, Clark Street from Foster to Balmoral. Dec 7 – 8
- * The Peacock - Presented by Jackalope Theatre at City Lit, 1020 W. Bryn Mawr. Through Dec 14
- “Living Treasures of Edgewater” – Exibit at the Edgewater Historical Society, 5358 N. Ashland. Ongoing
48th Ward Around Town
The 48th Ward is a proud home to many artists and performers who can be seen outside of the 48th Ward. Take a moment or two to check out their websites and see their exhibits and events when you’re outside the neighborhood!
Edgewater & Andersonville Entertainment:
- Raven Theatre, 6157 N. Clark St.
- Redtwist Theatre, 1044 W. Bryn Mawr
- City-Lit Theatre, 1020 W. Bryn Mawr
- Steep Theatre, 1115 W. Berwyn
- Rivendell Theatre, 5775 N. Ridge
- Li’l Buds Theatre Company, 1206 W. Rosedale
- Three Cat Productions, 6205 N. Sheridan (Berger Park)
- Quest Theatre Ensemble, 1609 W. Gregory
- Jackalope Theatre, 1106 W. Thorndale
- The Neo-Futurists, 5153 N. Ashland
- Ph Comedy Theatre, 1515 W. Bryn Mawr
- Uncommon Ground, 1401 W. Devon
Rogers Park Entertainment:
People and their Arts Organizations:
- Michael Canavan, photographer - www.michaelcanavan.com
- David Kodeski and Eric Reda, Directors, Chicago Opera Vanguard - www.chicagovanguard.org
- Elizabeth Lindau, orchestral pop band – www.canastamusic.com
- Andrew Swanson, actor and director, Jackalope Theater – www.jackalopetheatre.org.
- Morry Matson, Manager, Morry Matson Productions – www.morrymatsonproductions.com
- Adam Brooks and Matthew Wilson, artists and educators – www.industryoftheordinary.com
- Michael Sherman, Artistic Director, Innervation Dance Cooperative – www.innervationdance.org
- Dmitri Rybchenkov, Restoration Division, LLC. – www.restorationdivision.com
- Chicago Filmmakers – www.chicagofilmmakers.org
- Jeff Predmore, Jennie Lamb, and Maggie Portman, theater educators – www.lilbudstheatre.org
- Patrick McCarthy and Tommy Stephenson, environmental electronic music – www.rothmobot.com
- Kirsten Leenaars, artist – www.kirstenleenaars.nl
- Tracy Poyser, photographer – www.tracypoyserphotoart.zenfolio.com
- Marguerite Horberg, Executive Director of Portaluz, world music organization – www.portaluz.org
- Bob Remer , director, Edgewater Historical Society – www.edgewaterhistorical.org
- Mare and Kevin Swallow, artists of the Cornelia Arts Building – www.corneliaartsbuilding.com
- Jerry Nerburn, Photographer and environmental designer – www.photocubeart.com
- CircEsteem, Chicago Youth Circus – www.circesteem.org
- Martie Sanders, Artistic Director of Green Scene Chicago- www.greenscenechicago.org
UPCOMING EVENTS CALENDAR